Year-end high point awards, first through fifth place, shall be presented by MSEDA at the annual meeting in the following eventing divisions or division sub-classifications. We reserve the right to combine sub-classifications if there are fewer than five qualifiers.
b) Starter - Senior
c) Starter - Master
d) Beginner Novice - Junior
e) Beginner Novice - Senior
f) Beginner Novice - Master
g) Novice - Junior
h) Novice - Senior
i) Novice - Master
j) Training - Junior
k) Training - Senior
l) Training - Master
m) Preliminary - Young Rider
n) Preliminary - Senior
o) Preliminary - Master
The following will also receive trophies and ribbons:
* Eventing High Point Award - Midnight Sam Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the horse who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* High Point Eventing Mare - The Philosopher Torphy - Awarded to the mnare who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Eventing High Point Junior Rider - The Craig Bryant Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the rider under age 18 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Young Rider - Awarded to the rider age 18-21 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Senior Rider - The Bennet Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 22 - 49 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Master Rider -- The Helmut Gratz Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 50 and over who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** The award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Outstanding HorseTrials/Event - Must be sanctioned by MSEDA. This award is determined at the annual awards banquet by nomination and vote of the general membership.
The formula for achieving points is as follows:
** Points will be awarded to the first through fifth place finishers at MSEDA sanctioned competitions on a scale of five to one.
** Double points will be awarded at USEF and USEA sanctioned competitions that are also sanctioned by MSEDA.
** In the event that there are less than five starters in the class, the points decline correspondingly. In open divisions where there is no Junior/Senior/Masters sub-classification, points will be awarded for first through fifth places in that division and assigned to the proper Junior/Senior/Master sub-classifications.
|Placing||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th-8th||9th & 10th|
|5 or more Starters||5||4||3||2||1||0.5||0.5|
To be eligible for all awards:
1. The Competition Year begins on November 1 and runs through October 31 of the following year.
2. The rider must be a member in good standing and fulfill the minimum volunteer hours. (eight hours total -- four at either the Mid South Dressage Show or Mid South Team Challenge.) Click here for the Volunteer Hours Form.
3. Activate the horse - notify the secretary on the membership form the horse/rider combination. Points accrue only after activation date is in effect.
|Rocking Horse Winter 1|
|Ocala Winter 2|
|Spring Bay HT|
|Kristen Brennan (SR)||Moscato||2|
|Corinne Brunker (JR)||Joy Girl||4|
|Natanya McMahon (SR)||Quiero Bourbon||8|
|Chelsea Smith (SR)||Bourbon Chase||6|
|Tess Utterback (SR)||Dakota Bar Blue||4|
|Emily Zurkuhlen (SR)||Eagle Rare||6|
|Jane Beshear (M)||Mountain Light||8|
|Alston Kerr (M)||Sir Earl Grey||10|
|Whitney Morris (SR)||Carry Me Home||10|
|Megan Northrop (SR)||Fleur De Lis||10|
|Tate Northrop (JR)||Megafoxx||8|
|Amanda Richard (SR)||Count Julian||8|
|Kelly Rover (SR)||Coolnaboy Rubens||6|
|Ruth Rosendaul (JR)||Kaloosh||4|
|Melinda Thomas (SR)||Quantum Leap||2|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||War Melody||4|
|Laura Wilhelm (SR)||And Loving It||6|
|Anne Czerwonka (YR)||Celebrator||8|
|Gracie Elliott (JR)||Ballylanders Finn McCool||4|
|Elissa Gibbs (SR)||Diamond Cut||8|
|Caroline Madden (JR)||Kilpatrick Orlanda||2|
|Emily Rausch (SR)||Tobias||4|
|Elissa Gibbs (SR)||Fernhill Super Hero||6|
|Connor Giesselman (SR)||Frankie||2|
|Nicole Kowalski (SR)||Ballingore Knight||2|
|Megan Lynn (SR)||The Natural E||14|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Mooney Maguire||10|
|Emma Partridge (YR)||Max Attack||8|
|Tiffany Smith (SR)||Indigenous Gent||6|