Year-end high point awards, first through fifth place, shall be presented by MSEDA at the annual meeting in the following eventing divisions or division sub-classifications. We reserve the right to combine sub-classifications if there are fewer than five qualifiers.
|a) Starter - Junior|
b) Starter - Senior
c) Starter - Master
d) Beginner Novice - Junior
e) Beginner Novice - Senior
f) Beginner Novice - Master
g) Novice - Junior
h) Novice - Senior
i) Novice - Master
j) Training - Junior
k) Training - Senior
l) Training - Master
m) Preliminary - Young Rider
n) Preliminary - Senior
o) Preliminary - Master
The following will also receive trophies and ribbons:
* Eventing High Point Award - Midnight Sam Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the horse who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* High Point Eventing Mare - The Philosopher Torphy - Awarded to the mnare who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Eventing High Point Junior Rider - The Craig Bryant Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the rider under age 18 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Young Rider - Awarded to the rider age 18-21 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Senior Rider - The Bennet Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 22 - 49 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Master Rider -- The Helmut Gratz Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 50 and over who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** The award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Outstanding HorseTrials/Event - Must be sanctioned by MSEDA. This award is determined at the annual awards banquet by nomination and vote of the general membership.
The formula for achieving points is as follows:
** Points will be awarded to the first through fifth place finishers at MSEDA sanctioned competitions on a scale of five to one.
** Double points will be awarded at USEF and USEA sanctioned competitions that are also sanctioned by MSEDA.
** In the event that there are less than five starters in the class, the points decline correspondingly. In open divisions where there is no Junior/Senior/Masters sub-classification, points will be awarded for first through fifth places in that division and assigned to the proper Junior/Senior/Master sub-classifications.
|Placing||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th-8th||9th & 10th|
|5 or more Starters||5||4||3||2||1||0.5||0.5|
To be eligible for all awards:
1. The Competition Year begins on November 1 and runs through October 31 of the following year.
2. The rider must be a member in good standing and fulfill the minimum volunteer hours. (eight hours total -- four at either the Mid South Dressage Show or Mid South Team Challenge.) Click here for the Volunteer Hours Form.
3. Activate the horse - notify the secretary on the membership form the horse/rider combination. Points accrue only after activation date is in effect.
Events included so far:
Blackhorse Stables Mini Trial: June 14, 2020
Champagne Run Horse Trials: July 10 to 12, 2020
Spring Run Mini Trial & CT: June 21, 2020
Blackhorse Stables Mini Trial: July 18 & 19 2020
IEA Horse Trials: August 7 to 9, 2020
|Sarah||Andres||Oma Little Waki||Training||2||IEA-AUG|
|Nikki||Beneigh||Rangers Funny Girl||Beginner Novice||4||SRUN-JUN21|
|Nicole||Beneigh||Rangers Funny Girl||Beginner Novice||10||IEA-AUG|
|Emma||Hilt||The Blues Man||Training||4||CHRUN-JUL12|
|Emma||Hilt||The Blues Man||Preliminary||10||IEA-AUG|
|Freya||Isenhart||Simply Dun Beautiful||Novice||4||SRUN-JUN21|
|Jenna||McPeek||Blue Sky Law||Novice||10||IEA-AUG|
|Jane||Musselman||Duke of Diamond||Training||4||IEA-AUG|
|Tate||Northrop||Kadence van de Eikevelden||Beginner Novice||2||BLACKH-JUL|
|Tate||Northrop||Kadence van de Eikevelden||Beginner Novice||8||IEA-AUG|
|Susan||Onorato||Flight Risk||Beginner Novice||2||BLACKH-JUN14|
|Susan||Onorato||Flight Risk||Beginner Novice||8||SRUN-JUN21|
|Madeleine||Richards||Donail Arco Bennett||Novice||2||CHRUN-JUL12|
|Kelly||Rover||Fifth Avenue||Beginner Novice||8||CHRUN-JUL12|
|Kelly||Rover||Fifth Avenue||Beginner Novice||4||IEA-AUG|
|Jordan||Skinner||Flying Candy Ride||Beginner Novice||2||IEA-AUG|
|Kerri||Sweet||Shake The Glitter Off||Beginner Novice||10||CHRUN-JUL12|
|Taylor||Thompson||Tout Le Monde||Beginner Novice||4||BLACKH-JUL|