Year-end high point awards, first through fifth place, shall be presented by MSEDA at the annual meeting in the following eventing divisions or division sub-classifications. We reserve the right to combine sub-classifications if there are fewer than five qualifiers.
b) Starter - Senior
c) Starter - Master
d) Beginner Novice - Junior
e) Beginner Novice - Senior
f) Beginner Novice - Master
g) Novice - Junior
h) Novice - Senior
i) Novice - Master
j) Training - Junior
k) Training - Senior
l) Training - Master
m) Preliminary - Young Rider
n) Preliminary - Senior
o) Preliminary - Master
The following will also receive trophies and ribbons:
* Eventing High Point Award - Midnight Sam Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the horse who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* High Point Eventing Mare - The Philosopher Torphy - Awarded to the mnare who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Eventing High Point Junior Rider - The Craig Bryant Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the rider under age 18 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Young Rider - Awarded to the rider age 18-21 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Senior Rider - The Bennet Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 22 - 49 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Master Rider -- The Helmut Gratz Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 50 and over who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** The award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Outstanding HorseTrials/Event - Must be sanctioned by MSEDA. This award is determined at the annual awards banquet by nomination and vote of the general membership.
The formula for achieving points is as follows:
** Points will be awarded to the first through fifth place finishers at MSEDA sanctioned competitions on a scale of five to one.
** Double points will be awarded at USEF and USEA sanctioned competitions that are also sanctioned by MSEDA.
** In the event that there are less than five starters in the class, the points decline correspondingly. In open divisions where there is no Junior/Senior/Masters sub-classification, points will be awarded for first through fifth places in that division and assigned to the proper Junior/Senior/Master sub-classifications.
|Placing||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th-8th||9th & 10th|
|5 or more Starters||5||4||3||2||1||0.5||0.5|
To be eligible for all awards:
1. The Competition Year begins on November 1 and runs through October 31 of the following year.
2. The rider must be a member in good standing and fulfill the minimum volunteer hours. (eight hours total -- four at either the Mid South Dressage Show or Mid South Team Challenge.) Click here for the Volunteer Hours Form.
3. Activate the horse - notify the secretary on the membership form the horse/rider combination. Points accrue only after activation date is in effect.
|Horse Trials Included|
|Ocala Winter 1|
|Rocking Horse winter 2|
|Spring Bay HT|
|River Glen Spring HT|
|Spring Run Mini Trial|
|Midsouth PC HT|
|Rachel Miles (SR)||Mazie||22|
|Madison Trenaman (JR)||Can't Dutch This||5|
|Cathy Rutter (M)||Casanova||18|
|Chris Tucker (SR)||Apple Jack||2|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||George Alexander||8|
|Nicole Beneigh (SR)||Huge Cyclone||6|
|Kristen Brennan (SR)||Moscato||6|
|Robyn Munson (SR)||I'm Just Abbey||2|
|Dana Myers (SR)||Your One Fancy Asset||6|
|Cathy Norman (M)||Encore||4|
|Laura Normandin (SR)||Q||12|
|Elizabeth Pagan (SR)||Princess Vera||2|
|Kelly Rover (SR)||Coolnaboy Rubens||12|
|Tiffany Smith (S)||AM Arianto||12|
|Kerri Sweet (SR)||Shake The Glitter Off||12|
|Morley Thompson, Jr (M)||Sweet William||6|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||Harry||18|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||Calipari||10|
|Nicole Beneigh (SR)||Huge Cyclone||3|
|Jane Beshear (M)||Mountain Light||4|
|Emma Hilt (JR)||The Blues Man||8|
|Christina Kaufman (M)||Tortellini||4|
|Alston Kerr (M)||Sir Earl Grey||18|
|Margaret Kimmel (M)||Garfunkel||6|
|Thomas Kimmel (M)||Vital Eight||6|
|Jyl Lavera (M)||Class Action||14|
|Megan Lynn (SR)||Kip To The Beat||8|
|Rachel Miles (SR)||Zane||18|
|Emma O'Brien (JR)||Piccolo's Dance||4|
|Emma Partridge (YR)||Pack Leader||10|
|Ruth Rosendaul (JR)||Kaloosh||20|
|Morley Thompson, Jr (M)||Sweet William||6|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||War Melody||20|
|Marty Whitehouse-Riney (SR)||Quite An American||10|
|Bennett Baughman (SR)||Arch Dancer||2|
|Lauren Burhmann (SR)||Currahee||16|
|Olivia Hahn (JR)||Fernhill Roger That||30|
|Emma Hilt (JR)||The Blues Man||4|
|Anna Kjellstrom (M)||Run Marvin Run||8|
|Megan Lynn (SR)||Waterskipper||6|
|Natanya McMahon (SR)||Quiero Bourbon||4|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Master Mind||18|
|Jane Musselman (SR)||Duke of Diamond||8|
|Jane Musselman (SR)||Chapel Hill||6|
|Megan Northrop (SR)||Fleur De Lis||10|
|Liza Ragan (YR)||Genius To Go||6|
|Rachel Rozenboom (YR)||Worth The Wait||6|
|Paige Thompson (YR)||Wreckless of Zipping||2|
|Sarah Andres (SR)||Ima Little Waki||0.5|
|Gracie Elliott (JR)||Ballylanders Finn McCool||8.5|
|Anna Kjellstrom (M)||Run Marvin Run||10|
|Anna Kjellstrom (M)||KER Stella||0.5|
|Nicole Kowalski (SR)||Ballingore Knight||10|
|Megan Lynn (SR)||Have At It Playboy||2|
|Megan Lynn (SR)||Waterskipper||4|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Master Mind||0.5|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Promisemethemoon||8|
|Madeleine Richards (YR)||Whitfield||6.5|
|Blake Park (JR)||Factor Five||2|
|Liza Ragan (YR)||Genius To Go||10|
|Tiffany Smith (SR)||Indigenous Gent||2.5|
|Paige Thompson (YR)||Wreckless of Zipping||6|
|Laura Wilhelm (SR)||Bowman's Point||6|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Mooney Maguire||2|
|Megan Moore (SR)||Promisethemoon||0.5|
|Emma Partridge (YR)||Max Attack||4.5|